Monday, February 28, 2011

Amanda Fucking Palmer Down Under- Auckland/Melbourne/Sydney

2.23.11, King's Arms, Auckland

makin' whoopee
sex changes
missed me
mrs. o
in my mind
gaga/palmer/madonna
australia
vegemite
double rainbow
ampersand
coin-op
mr. piano man* (kinda...billy joel cover)
elephant elephant*
bacteria bacteria*
new zealand (extended ballad version)
map of tasmania*
unknown beach
girl anachronism
you only want me....*
runs in the family
e: oasis
drinking song*

* w/ Jason Webley
_______

i'm gonna hold onto the melbourne list until tomorrow's epic melbourne blog.

i don't really wanna go into the whole christchurch ordeal. i can't. it's hard for me. i've seen my share of natural disasters- on and off the road. but as i grow up i get more and more cautious. life is too short as it is. our near miss with fate ground me down to the bone. sometimes i feel i'm now too old to be chasing tornados...

the auckland show was great. it really was. i'm glad jason made it safely.

and just like that- we were back in melbourne. more on that tomorrow.

and just like that- we were back in sydney with djs and s and gsn for pretty peepers. it was rad. the level of art and craft amongst the performers put american cabaret/burlesque to shame. amanda dj-ed a great set of songs through the night. i got to bring out my rusty danish on s's mom...still got it!

i'll leave you with some photos for fun. but it's all about the upcoming melbourne blog so stay with me. the internetz in adelaide are driving me crazy...pics won't go up in order...shoddy blog!
i like this one from webstock, afp called me the karate kid, wellington 2.18.11- photo by?
my life in photos, sydney airport, 2.28.11- photo by afp
 
hilarious. thanks ian! at pretty peepers in erskineville 2.27.11- photo by karina

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Glad you guys are having such a blast.

Although I know deep down inside you could both use 80-86% more Avril in your lives.

KaH said...

BEEEFF CURTAINS!